Team Communication Skills
Communication Skills for The Dental Team
(A Day with Debra!) By popular demand…
Presented by Debra Engelhardt Nash
Eighty-five percent of the time we spend with our patients is communicating. Fifteen percent is clinical application. Patients pay attention to what we are saying. They also notice non verbal cues such as yours facial expressions, gestures and postures. In other words, they listen to what your body language is saying.
How we communicate may dictate whether the patient makes an appointment, moves forward to treatment and accepts our office protocols. The way we communicate with patients from the first phone call, the moment they enter the practice and throughout their introduction to treatment by ALL Team members is critical.
From Phone Call to Recall – learn how to validate the patients’ decision to choose you and your care by improving Team communication skills.
Topics to Be covered:
- First Phone Call – How Do You Set Yourself Apart from the first connection?
- Telephone Shoppers –
- New Patients
- Discussing Fees
- Talking about Insurance
- First Impressions / Greetings and Introductions
- Describing Office Protocols – Helping Patients understand the benefits of your office standards.
- Presenting Treatment – Drs. And Hygienists. Do I project confidence? How can I improve?
- Improving Treatment Acceptance during their Recare Visit
- Negotiating Financial Arrangements
- Overcoming Objections
- Managing the Appointment “Book”
- And More!
This will be a full day of Skills Training.
2024 Seminar Schedule and Special Events
April 19, 2024 Team Communication Skills Instructor Debra Engelhardt-Nash